Monday, March 24, 2008

Food Delivery...Mc Donald's, Jollibee, Tapa King, North Park, Shakey's, Pizza Hut, Max's Restaurant

Gosh! It's been a long time since I last blogged in! Too busy trying to figure out how to make money...hehehehe. But because of the convenience of food delivery..i can't save up by just cooking meals at home.

For the past 3 months...i have been indulging myself to order food from restaurants offering delivery services. Mind you, as in almost every night! I find it very convenient and fattening! :)

Because of this, i now consider myself a food delivery critic and guru...of course! with all the money, time I spent calling and the pounds added, I am definitely an expert.

I alternately ordered from 7 food establishments namely: Mc Donald's, Jollibee, Tapa King, North Park, Shakey's, Pizza Hut, Max's Restaurant.

Mc Donald's, I think has the best delivery service....prior to the 3 month food delivery journey that I took and is still into...I have been always faithful and loyal with Mc Donald's....aside from the easy 5 number delivery contact number, they are always on time, delivers the right order, temperature of food is acceptable, polite delivery service personnel, polite call center people, tells you when your food will take long than usual and gives me a lot of ketchup when I ask for it. They are also the only 24-hour delivery food establishment in the Philippines. Thank God for Mc Do! Without them, i might have been really bored eating canned goods during those times I craved for food after midnight.

One day for some reason, my Mc Do call (8-MCDO) is not connecting. By the way, since I do not have a land line, i use a mobile phone to call for food deliveries. So I tried, for the first time, to check out Jollibee. Since I was not familiar with the delivery system and procedure, my call took about 5 minutes, as compared to Mc Donald's which would take an average of 2 minutes per call of delivery. I ordered for the sandwich meal and a spaghetti. The person who took my call promised a 30-minute waiting time. She even gave a guarantee that the delivery will be at the front desk of my condo on or before 30-minutes after our call. That if they are not able to do so, they will automatically give me a Php200 worth of gift certificate valid on my next delivery order. As per my calculation, my food should have arrived at around 930pm. And so I was already expecting a gift certificate...At about 945pm, I called up again the delivery trunk line. The person who took my call was clueless, and to me it seemed that my order was not processed. He took again my order and promised that it will be delivered on or before 30 minutes. So this means that my "re"-order should have arrived at around 1015pm. At about 1030pm, I called up again the trunk line and they advised me that the delivery is on its way. That it was the mistake of the first order taker since he did not process my order. GOsh...do they really have to say that? excuses excuses.... Anyway, I requested to get the number of the Jollibee branch who have processed my order. I called and verified myself if my orders were already dispatched and that since It was already an hour late, they should already give me my gift certificate, and they said yes, they will issue it to me. 1045pm, my order arrived, I gave my money and got my food..to my surprise...they forgot the drinks! I told the delivery personnel to get my drinks first. He said if I could sign first the receipt. I asked for a ballpen, and he does not have any. Gosh! what a service! Anyway, I asked if he brought with him my Php200 worth of gift certificate, and he said he forgot it and that he will just come back for it. I told him that since I already paid for my meal, what is my guarantee that I will get my GCs. Of course, as expected, he couldn't give me an answer. So I asked him to give back my money. Told him that I will pay for my meal after he comes back for my GC. Funny coz he never came back. Probably because my total bill was only less than Php180.

Next is Tapa King...Tapa King is second on my list for the best delivery service. in terms of packaging, it's not so flashy....but delivery is prompt and food quality is the same as what you will get from eating in their outlet. Maybe if they could just train their staff who takes the delivery calls. They need to be extra friendly. Maybe they do not have a standard script for taking orders. but just the same, everything is super ok. I love the tapa queen..love the longganisa...love the red egg with tomato! I was just wondering, with almost 2x a week that I call them for delivery service for the past 3 months, they still do not have a record of my address. Whenever they answer my call I still need to say that I wanted a delivery and will still ask where I leave and that they will still verify if they could deliver it...oh well....at least they are prompt and food is great!

North Park! I used to love this restaurant. I started to avail of their delivery services when I had to prepare lunch for 3 of my friends coming for a visit. Shempre nahiya naman ko if pizza lang...and of course..i was craving for Chinese food that day. Minimum total bill is reasonable, containers are really impressive, and food is definitely good! But one Monday evening, I was tired from work and felt that I deserve to have a nice dinner. I called North Park 7-3-7-3-7 number. Ordered my usual...Lechon rice toppings and other inclusions to reach the minimum total bill. When my food arrived, I paid for it and even gave a tip to the delivery personnel. Was so excited to eat and to my surprise...WALANG KANIN!!!! I immediately called the delivery call center and asked them to inform the branch who took and delivered my food. I also got the direct contact number of the branch. I called and asked if it would take them long to deliver the rice. They said..about 10-15 minutes only. So i waited...waited..waited...It arrived 45 minutes later. I was so angry, probably because I was so hungry! I called again and spoke to the manager. She was very defensive in short.."nangangatwiran!" I asked her: "are you sure you are the restaurant manager? You don't sound like one! Can i speak with the restaurant manager please?" Then she replied, "Mam ako po yung restaurant manager." Then I said, "well iha..you didn't handle my complaint like how managers should handle one. I am a food service trainer and I think you were very defensive. You first should listen...wag kang sasabat agad.!" In fairness, she apologized and told me not to pay for my food anymore...HUWHAT!!!! She's really not paying attention, I already paid for my food remember.. then she said that she'll just bring a dessert --- "on the house!" Who cares what she will give to please me. Hello...i was dead hungry. I told her to just ask his immediate superior to call me first thing the next morning and give me a results of her investigation of what happened! Talk about being a manager..hehehehehe..Report naman sha agad. The next day...the area manager called me and invited me to come visit their restaurant again and that they will pay for whatever I will order. Told him that I was really disappointed and I am not sure if I still plan to eat at their restaurant. Since mataas pride ko...of course I never called and came. But frankly miss those North Park night dinner! And hats off with how they handled a difficult customer like me..

Shakey's....love the pizza! love the monster spaghetti meatball...love the garlic bread. fast delivery, courteous staff. But here's the thing. Please give more than enough hot sauce when your customers requests for more. Provide a bigger spoon for your monster spaghetti meatball. Monster nga eh..so please make your plastic spoon a little bit bigger, not as small as those used for kiddie parties. Oh I remember something.. One drinking session night with my cousin at home, she asked me if I wanted pizza. Since we practically grew up with Shakey's, it was no longer a debate. We called. Again, since I don't have a land line, I used my mobile phone. After about 30 minutes, I got a text from the branch who took our order and asked me to call them! HUWHAT!!!!! To finish our agony of waiting...I called and they asked if we wanted to change our order because they accidentally overcooked our thin crust shakey's special and that they didn't have any thin crust dough left. So it means..we were left with the pan pizza..which we never really liked. I responded, "Miss, nakakahiya naman yung branch nyo. Don't ask your customer to call you. Hindi na nga namin makukuha yung gusto naming order tas ako pa pinatawag mo! NAkakahiya naman Shakey's.. Buti pa ang Mc Do, may load pang tawag!" Guess what..she replied, "Pashensha na kayo miss, wala kasi kaming load." HUWHAT!!! Ano kaya ginagawa ng 109 sa PLDT line or ask your Manager to buy a load. Talk about customer service! Anyway so ang ending.. Nag Pizza Hut kami.

With Pizza Hut, I think amongst all delivery services..they are the MASTER DELIVERY GUYS! Whenever you want to eat on time without any hustle, with friendly guys taking your call, giving you idea on what to order and checking back whether they got your orders correct, Pizza Hut is the best. Love the cheese stuffed crust pizza. Only thing is, pizza is oily, crust is so filling and it's expensive.

Last but not the least... Max's Restaurant. I've had some unforgettable moments with Max's back in 2005 when our company got them as caterer for our Christmas Party. Found something inside the chicken (please I don't want to discuss it anymore..maybe in a separate blog entry), but just to give you an idea..it was very yuckee. They explained that they have food safety procedures and that they are doing their best to find out what happened. Ever since that incident, I promised myself not to eat at Max's anymore. I tell you, they even gave me a gift certificate with my name on it so that they are assured that I will come back and forgive them. But I guess past is past. After about 3 years of a Max's boycott, left my finger and called their delivery services about a month ago. I realized that i really missed their chicken. Nothing much to say about their delivery services. It was the usual delivery service, nothing really fancy or should i say, nothing really unforgettable experience, or nothing noticeable worth including in this blog. Oh well, at least napatunayan ko that I can forgive and forget. And lastly, the chicken is still the same. Paki damihan lang yung ketchup.

To the 7 restaurants! Cheers to you for taking my complaints and for making my hips heavier!!! :)

No comments: