Monday, March 31, 2008

Tagaytay Steakhouse on a Holy Week?!?





All of my friends had something to do for Holy Week 2008. For me, it should have been really quite, alone and full of recollection.

On a last minute, my cousins and I planned to head to Tagaytay. Of course, this was a last minute planning. We agreed not to do anything there but rest..rest..and rest. That of course including..drink..drink..and drink..

We did not have any 'program' (only my cousins will understand what program I am talking about hehehe). Except that we planned to leave on Good Friday lunch time, of course hindi nanyari yun...we left probably at around 2pm.

When we arrived, my cousin Dindo, mentioned that he wanted to eat steak. Honestly for me, I am not really a practicing Catholic, so not that it did not matter to me, but I sort of had an excuse for eating steak (please do not :( curse me).

We craved for the rib-eye steak from Tagaytay Highlands Steakhouse! When my uncle called for a reservation, they said it was already full and the only option was to be listed in the waiting list.

My cousins and I agreed to patiently wait that night. While waiting for time, Victor, our Chef Driver (driver --- family driver kasi talaga sha..magaling lang magluto) cooked tenderloin steak for my aunt and uncle. Shempre, naamoy namin, we all sat down on the dining table, not even asking each other about the change of plans...ayun..sung-gaban na ng kanya kanyang tenderloin steak. Victor really cooks good steak so it was a winner!

Next day, Black Saturday, this time, we promised that we will really patiently wait. Notwithstanding the fact na nauubos na yung ulam sa bahay, so we really had to eat out. We called Tagaytay Steakhouse for a reservation...ayun...fully booked ulit. So meaning, wait listing nanaman ito. First we thought that coming in early that day, would somehow give us the chance to get good sits. We went at around 6pm. When we arrived, we were on the 13th in the waiting list.

We realized that we really had to give in to our cravings, so we headed back to Belle View. Ate a little and patiently waited.

At around 9oopm, we called again. Are you kidding me..we were only on the 7th in the waiting list. My nephew was really hungry so we decided to go there already and take a second chance. We even planned that in case they could not really accommodate us, then we will just opt to eat at the Korean Restaurant located in the golf clubhouse.

We arrived 930pm. My gosh! We got seats!

I ordered Rib-eye Steak..which is by the way expensive, Php950 a piece..plus the fact that we had to add Php100 for the soup and salad. Pero generous naman yung serving.

The soup was so salty while the salad's dressing needs salt. Amazing combination! Sana pala pinaghalo namin yung soup and salad dressing hehehehe. Good thing the steak was really to die for! Na compensate yung sama ng lasa nag soup and salad.

I really loved it. It was perfect! Truly a corn-fed cow! Perfect marble! Definitely not a murdered steak! Was really tender, juicy and flavorful. And that was a real Medium Well cooking!

Loved the gravy too! Keep it up! See you on my next visit!


P.s. service was ok. nothing fancy. was standard. people were courteous as well.

No comments: